Links from the fab Whiteboardblog:
Here are 16 websites that you can use to create fun avatars. Some allow you to save the finished creation as a jpg for free. If not, then use the print screen button to copy the screen, paste into a paint program, crop and save as a jpg. You could also use the Smart or Promethean camera tools to capture these images to your IWB files.
1. WeeMee -Create a mini version of yourself, add accessories. There’s plenty of scope for customisation of your avatar.
2. South park studio – turn yourself into a South Park character
3. HeroMachine 2.5 – Turn yourself into a super hero character. This would also be great as a part of a digital storytelling resource or story starter.
4. Avatarizeyourself – turn yourself into a Na’vi from the movie Avatar
5. Ultimate Flash Face v0.42b a bit like a police photofit.
6. Make yourself in lego – Produce a lego character that looks like you. Or turn yourself into a Stormtrooper wizard. Is up to you
7. Simpsons Movie – Ever wanted to be a Simpsons character? Now you can create your own yellow-skinned doppleganger in the style of the Simpsons.
8. Mr. Picassohead – become an abstract piece of work in the style of Picasso. Put your eyes and ears wherever you want!
9. BuiLD YouR WiLD SeLF – Create an avatar out of bits and pieces of humans and other animals – head, arms, legs, clothes, eyes, mouth, tail, wings, shells … just pick the parts you like and assemble them together
10.Mii Avatar Generator – create a Mii in the style of the characters found on the Wii computer console.
12. ArtisanCam – A quick way of producing a sketch version of yourself. Limited choice of options.
13. Become an M and M – This lets you recreate yourself as an M and M sweet from the adverts. Probably going against the school’s healthy eating agenda…